Resources for Helpful Hearing
IMPORTANT: When cleaning, always hold your hearing instrument over a soft surface (like a towel) to avoid damage if you drop it. Use the MULTI-TOOL for cleaning:
The multi-tool has three parts. A wire loop on one end that can be used for picking debris out of the hearing aid. In this photo the wire loop is on the left end of the black tool. A magnet on the opposite end for easier battery handling, and a brush on the inside. The brush can be replaced if it becomes damaged or dirty.
How To Change A Dome
We recommend replacing the dome at least once a month.
Steps to change the dome:
1. Hold on to the thin tube and pull off the Dome.
2. Place the thin tube exactly in the middle of the Dome.
3. Push firmly to ensure the earpiece is fastened securely.
How To Change a Pro Wax Filter
1. Tool Remove the tool from the shell. The Tool has two pins, one is empty for removal and one with the new wax filter.
2. Remove Push the empty pin into the wax filter in the speaker and pull it out.
3. Insert Insert the new wax filter using the other pin, remove the dirty filter and throw it away.
How to Test Your Battery
Without a battery tester – Insert the battery in the hearing aid and close the battery drawer. Close your hand around the hearing aid and hold it up to your ear. If the hearing aid is squealing, the battery is functioning.
With a battery tester – Place your battery on/in the tester. Ensure that the positive side is facing the plus on the tester. Read the result on the display.
Hearing aid batteries should last 3-7 days. Hearing Zone staff can tell you what size/color batteries you use. Keep in mind there is significant differences in the quality of hearing aid batteries depending on the manufacturer. Hearing Zone carries the #1 rated hearing aid battery: Rayovac Proline. Our batteries are guaranteed fresh!
How to Pair Your OPN Hearing Aids with Your iPhone
Streamer Pro lets you talk on your mobile phone hands-free, effectively turning your hearing aids into a wireless headset. This feature is especially important when you’re driving in a car. When you receive a call, just a push of a button on the streamer will answer the call. Thank to the neck loop, the streamer is conveniently placed with a built-in microphone close to your mouth.
Before the streamer can be used with other devices, such as an iPhone or mobile phones, the two devices have to be paired.
- Put the streamer in pairing mode by pressing and holding the on/off button for approximately 5 seconds, until the on/off indicator blinks blue.
- The on/off indicator will switch to steady blue to indicate successful pairing.
- Both Streamer Pro and your mobile phone need to be in pairing mode.
- The PIN code for Streamer Pro (if requested) is 0000 (four zeros).