With certain types of sensory hearing loss, communicating using the telephone can be difficult. For this reason, Hearing Zone has partnered with CaptionCall to provide FREE amplified telephones. These specialized telephones not only amplify, but also have a unique screen that allows the user to read what the other party is saying.
How Does CaptionCall Work?
CaptionCall works just like your traditional telephone with the addition of closed captions, similar to those on your TV. Through advanced technology and a communication assistant, everything that the person on the other end of the line says is displayed on a large screen. In addition to exceptional sound quality, the audio and frequency settings can be customized to work with your individual degree of hearing loss.
Delivery and installation of the CaptionCall telephone is free and completed by a trained professional. They will explain how CaptionCall works and answer any questions you may have. The captioning service is also free, thanks to a fund from the Federal Communication Commission.
What Does A CaptionCall Phone Do?
A CaptionCall phone includes the following features:
• Large Text. The size of the text is adjustable to ensure every word is easy to read.
• Location Flexibility. The phone must be connected to the internet through a wired or wireless connection.
• Touch Screen. Calls can easily be made and answered through use of a large touch screen.
• Saved Conversations. A popular option with this device is to save conversations to review later.
• Customizable Audio. The ringer and handset volume can be changed to fit your hearing needs. The frequency and amplification can also be adjusted.
• Saved Volume Setting. You only need to set your audio settings once, after that all calls will follow your desired format.
• Telecoil Loop Connection. Wirelessly connect the CaptionCall phone with your t-coil enabled hearing aid.
• Visual Ringer. The screen can be set to flash when a call is coming in.
• Automatic Updates. When a new update is available the phone is able to update itself with just an internet connection.
Telephone communication is no longer a problem! If you have difficulty hearing on the telephone, give us a call! We’ll be glad to help!